Friday, November 14, 2008

Student one-liners

Most of the one-liners and in-class realizations that are made in my classes can be chalked up to the language barrier, but some of them are absurd, definitely not P.C., or just really funny. Here are some of my favorites:

"What is something you can buy in a bottle?"
"Oil is good because many vitamins."

"Teacher, this movie was boring. It is not interesting like Batman and we do not have witches in Tunisia. I do not recommend it." (a KID about Hocus Pocus)

I introduced the Winter Olympics to an entire class of adults who had never heard of it.

"What do you know about Japan?"
"Everyone have the same face."
"Jackie Chan."
"Shanghai."

"Argentina is situated in South Africa."

"Is Peru in South Africa?" (different class)

"Who are the Beatles?"

In school here, students are taught that there are 5 continents, not 7. The Americas together are one and Antarctica isn't recognized as a continent.

"My name is Ab and I love America."
"My name is Rania and I love Romance movies"

Student A: "I only like soccer music and soccer movies and soccer TV programs."
Student B: "Extremist!"

"Would you like to hold up a bank with me on Saturday?" (learning invitations)

"I listen to an Akon song. Please, miss, what is ghetto?"

"Have a good day, Morched."
"Me, too, Miss."

No comments: